October 21, 2009

Crunchy Cornflakes Cookies

Raya is over and no more open house to attend. This year raya was so and so b'coz I was still on my confinement period for the first two weeks of raya. I did missed out a lot of delicious food especially cookies since almost all the cookies has eggs.

Lately, I was craving to eat kuih raya so I decided to make my own homemade cookies, Cornflakes Cookies. A great snack both adults and kids will enjoy. It is also suitable for babies above 9 months but be watchful for the large crumb to swallow.


I'm not a pro making kuih raya or biscuits but this one is very easy to do. And here's the recipes that I made yesterday.


Ingredients:


250gm butter
1/2 cup of sugar
2 1/2 cup of self-raising flour
1/2 box of cornflakes (lightly crushed)


It's very simple. First, mix butter with sugar until light and creamy.




Then, add flour and cornflakes and mix well.




Once it's all mixed, using two tablespoon, fetch dollops of dough onto baking tray.




Bake at 180'C for about 20 minutes or till golden brown.


Remove from the oven once the cookies are bakes and leave it on rack to cool.


**Remarks:

After the cookies have been completely cooled down, they can be stored in an air-tight container for up to three weeks.






Behind the scene there are two little girl, Auni and Alya, who are my big helper of the day.



No comments :

Post a Comment