December 23, 2009

Curious kids need to be tough inside

All young children are naturally curious and love to use their senses to learn more about the fascinating world around them. They like to touch, feel and exploring new things. They also learn about things by putting them in their mouths. It's a normal!

Germs are everywhere and being exposed to child is a natural part of life. I am realizing that a strong immune system is the key to a healthy child. If child has a weaken immune system they are susceptible to colds, flu and other problems. As a parent I am constantly looking for various ways that I can boost my children's immune system. There are several things that I found that work to keep my kids strong and healthy. Why not give some of the tips below a try.


BREASTFEEDING


- Breast milk contains more than 100 ingredients that the formula industry simply can't duplicate. Breast milk is full of antibodies that protect babies from illness and help them develop their own immune systems. I started breastfeeding my kids since they're born. And currently I'm still breastfeeding my lil' baby and I plan to exclusively do so for at least up to six months.


MAKE HEALTHY MEALS THAT YOUR CHILD WILL LIKE


- It is very hard to get my kids to eat healthy food and if you have a picky eater like my girl, Auni it can be more challenging. I've teach my kids about what they should eat and why. Besides that, I make them a part of the shopping process and let them help out preparing the lunch/dinner. This way I can ask for my kids input and let them choose the healthy food that they might enjoy.


TRY GIVING YOUR KIDS PLENTY OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES


- Do give your kids nature's best - at least five juicy, crunchy, crispy, tasty fruits and vegetables everyday. Serving your child fruits and veggies is an important part of helping them grow up strong and healthy. Be creative to fix and prepare it in various ways.


STRICTLY ENFORCED THEIR BEDTIME


- Children need more sleep than adults. Lack of sleep will break down child's immune system. Make sure your child gets an adequate amount of sleep at least ten hours per day. Try to put them to bed earlier if your child won't take naps during the day. My kids easily get cranky if they don't have enough sleep.


MORE WATER, LESS JUICE


- It would weaken child's immune system when there's not enough water in their diet. The human body is 70% water and it needs a continuous fresh supply to work properly. This is a good way to fight off germs. Avoid giving sugary drinks to your kids bcoz it can actually dehydrate and increase our child's need for water. 


THEY MUST PLAY!


- I will make sure my kids get plenty of physical exercise. This will help to boost their immune system. Let's send them outside to play and having fun. :) 


TRACKING VACCINATION SCHEDULE


- I've always keep my child up to date on all their vaccines. The vaccinations, that they are given help strengthening the immune system and protect them from illnesses.


GIVE YOUR KIDS VITAMIN SUPPLEMENTS


- There are currently plenty of supplements on the market that contain vitamins which can boost an immune system. I have giving my kids vitamins 'CHAMPS' with orange flavor. It is chewable, and my kids really enjoy taking two tablets everyday.


PROPER HYGIENE


- Kids usually like to touch everything and then put their hands in their mouths. Keep clean and wash your child's hands, before meal, after using the toilet or play with other children. Show them how you do over and over. Don't get frustrated!


LOVE AND LAUGHTER


- Our children are our greatest pleasure and greatest responsibility in this world. The thing that our children need most from us as parents is our love. It helps strengthen child's immune system. I always try to spend as much the quality time with my kids doing activities. To show how much I love my kids, I do give them lots of hugs and kisses. They are so precious in my life. 


_____________________________________________________________________________________________




Talk about 'Curious kids need to be tough inside', Dutch Lady's has introduced the Friso Gold which is specially formulated for boosting your child's gut and immune system. Friso Gold is enriched with many beneficial nutrients. Children will simply love this creamy and tasty formula milk, and happily proven the nutritious. :)




Hey guys, The Nuffnang Friso Gold Family Day Out is back again! 80 invitation on this coming 2nd January 2010 at Kizsports & Gym, One Utama (Old Wing) are to be given for the lucky Nuffnaggers. Wanna try your luck?

Just log on to www.nuffnang.com.my/frisogold. Upload a picture and use your creativity to show how your kids fight off the bacterias and germs! Then write about on how you help increase your child's immune system with blog entitled "Curious kids need to be tough inside" and please submit it before 29 December 2009. It's so simple guys!




And don't forget about the great prizes. *winks*


The best creative blog post would be walking away with 3D2N holiday package for a family of 4 to Disneyland Hong Kong. Plus, RM100 Toy 'R' Us Vouchers to be given away to the 10 blog entries with the most effort. Interesting huh!


P/S: Can I be among the lucky ones? *wink..wink*

2 comments :